Tuesday 12 February 2008

Letter to the President

_____________________
_____________________
_____________________
_____________________


President Gloria Arroyo,

It has become a well known fact that the people of the Philippines are suffering under your rule. Human rights violations perpetrated by the military continue without rectification. Poor health care and educational services. A worrying percentage of the population who are unemployed or earning well below minimum wage.

It angers me that you allow these problems to continue.

I demand change.

I demand justice and an end to human rights violations.
It is unacceptable that the military is able to commit crimes such as murder, kidnapping and torture without fear of punishment.
I demand change.
I demand justice and an end to human rights violations.

I demand land rights for farmers.
75% of the population are farmers and less than 30% own land. Many families have become displaced due to government endorsed projects or the military forcing them away from their homes and onto the streets.
These people are the masses. They deserve to be taken care of.
I demand change.
I demand land rights for farmers.

I demand an improvement in basic services.
Money needs to be extracted from the armed forces and placed into education and healthcare. More policies need to be created to protect the people and prevent western businesses from taking advantage.
I demand change.
I demand an improvement in basic services.

The rest of the world is watching you
and expects change.

We will be to keeping track of your actions,

Yours Sincerely,

___________________

No comments: